me in the Land of Lincoln

me in the Land of Lincoln
my alleged work face

my work desk

my work desk
my junky work desk where I do my research at the office

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

1st weekend in the Land of Lincoln

After a fun filled and eventful week, I finally got a couple of days off. I decided not to attend a bonnet making workshop. There was temptation to go. I refuse to have any of you talk about me when I return.

Saturday - Slept in until 12. Finally got dressed and walked about the city. Saw my housing alternative. It was a beautiful modern loft in the middle of downtown. My heart was truly hurt. Drowned my sorrows in some Cold Stone Creamery Ice cream. (sugary crack in a frozen form. horrible, I know.) Went to the SOHO blues festival. Nothing exciting to report. Finally, made it home before the street lights came on, literally. Settled in for the night.

Sunday - Rocked green and denim. I still have to coordinate with the Fellowship of Hope Crew even if I am away. Attended service at a church named Abundant Faith. I thought it was funny that this was the same church that I researched before I came here. Then, two members of the park staff attend this church. Call it inevitable fate, or something similar to an exigent circumstance. I just like the term. The memories associated with that one... I digress. Praise and worship was great. Maybe I'm biased because I miss the one I'm a part of. The message was one that can apply to anyone. "Enduring Faith" was the title. That can be a subtitle for my life here in the land of Lincoln. Some days, I have NO clue as to what is going to happen, what may be going on at home, but I have to possess a faith that surpasses my fears and insecurities. I'm tempted to pull a P Sheezy and say, " are y'all getting this?" but I won't. Went to lunch. It wasn't SALTGRASS, but steak was on the menu. I opted for poultry instead. I will have to put "hanging with the big boys and eating a steak at Saltgrass" on my to do list. Came home, watched a couple of history documentaries (history nerd, I know), settled in and prepared for the upcoming week.

No comments: